Doula comes from an ancient greek word meaning “a women who serves”. The roll of a Doula whether it be birth or postpartum is to offer informational, physical and emotional support to a women and her family during the transition into parenthood. As a doula I help facilitate a positive labour and peaceful postpartum period by bridging the gap and empowering women to be an active participant in their conception, pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
Studies have shown that families who welcomed a birth doula onto their birthing team had
- Fewer caesarian sections
- Fewer requests for epidurals
- Overall reduction in the use of pain medications
- Reduction in the use of synthetic oxytocin to augment labour
- Reduction in the length of labour time
Reports also state that postpartum doulas offers equally important benefits such as
- Reducing isolation after birth
- Increased rates of breastfeeding past 6 weeks postpartum
- Higher self esteem regarding parental abilities
- Less anxiety along with less instance of Postpartum Mood Disorder
- Smoother transition for siblings
Every women deserves the right to feel supported, cared for, empowered and mothered during this magnificent transition in life. How can I help you during yours?
We have a number of packages available and can also customize a plan to best suit your needs. Payment plans, sliding scales and baby shower registry is also available upon request.
Please note that we can create a package to suit your individual needs.
50% deposit is due upon signing of contract the remainder is due upon completion of services
Baby shower coming up? Please inquire on how we can set up a Doula Services GIFT REGISTRY for your upcoming event!
Please contact Andrea at anytime to book your free no obligation consultation.